Monday, July 26, 2010

Kaya Kinnerley Newton Day 1

We are rapidly approaching the end of one of the best and worst days of my life. Tiff was scheduled for a possible C section as Kaya has been breech for about 2 weeks. We came in at 5am. They prepped her for a C section and then at 7:15am the doc checked and she had turned, put her head down and was getting ready to join us. Fast forward to around 4pm the doc came back, unhappy about the progress and decided to do the C section. When they broke Tiff's water it was green so they knew Meconium(Poop) was present and had the NICU respiratory team standing by to suction Kaya. The C section went well but once she was out they found she had aspirated a lot of meconium. I watched as 5 then 7 then 11 people worked on my little girl. They had to intubate her. It was very touch and go for a while, I felt like I was in a scene from ER. Then once in the NICU she started having what they thought were seizures possibly due to blood on her brain or oxygen starvation. Right now that has ceased and may have just been normal infant reaction to life on the outside. It is now 12:15 am and they just pulled her off the ventilator. Things are looking slightly better, but now we have the possibility of infection due to the meconium she inhaled. Tiff is recovering well and I just wheeled her up to see Kaya.
I have no idea what time she was born and all the weights I heard during the chaos were in Kilos but they tell me she weighed in at 5lbs 3oz
Our little girl is alive and fighting.
Prayers, kind thoughts, and good vibes are welcome offerings.

Our little Girl


Proud Brothers

8 comments:

Megan said...

She is absolutely beautiful. Know that you are in our prayers- truly.

~~Heidi~~ said...

OH Its so good to finally see a picture of her! I am glad to hear she is doing better! I have to say mom kinda freaked me out a little the last time I talked to her! So maybe now I can finally fall asleep knowing she for now is on the mend! Love you guys, and you are all in our prayers!

Katie said...

She is beautiful! We are definitely sending vibes/prayers and everything else good your way. Love you guys!

leslie said...

oh, beautiful girl!! thinking of you guys.. lots of love. give tiff my best!! L

creed said...

Congrats! She sounds like a fighter, she'll do just fine with all that "stuborn as hell" Palfreman blood. Sedona had a pretty rough time of it as well. C-sections are not pretty or fun. I remember everyone working on Sedona when she came out not breathing, not the best memories. Good luck, shes in our prayers.

miranda said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful, we can't wait to meet her. She'll be fine- Maren had ingested meconium as well when she was born. It was kind of crazy for a minute watching everyone rush around her. We're thinking and praying for her!

Shanshine said...

my prayers and thoughts of goodness are with you and you're beautiful family.

love//

michelle said...

Oh all I can say is Im right here if you need me day or night! Ive never been on my knees so much in one day!
She is in good hands , and if she does go to primarys she will be in better hands.
Lv you guys so much and were praying for the best outcome for that lil princess! Hugs Mich