Friday, July 30, 2010

Day 5, We've moved


Today we all moved. Tiff got to move back home albeit temporarily since we have to be in the NICU for feedings. Kaya also made a move today. They removed the last line from her navel and she move to the b-side of the NICU. We still have a corner but now we have a window(into the hallway) so we feel like we've received a big promotion. Things have gone quite well today, Tiff has been feeding her and Kaya is slowly figuring out the process. Now she just needs to eat more. As far as problems go, we still have the eventration in the diaphragm. The pediatric surgeon from Primary Children's looked at the X-ray. They feel like it may need help in the future but for now we'll just leave it as it's not causing any problems. He wants to see her again in a month. Kaya also had her hearing test today and like her dad usually did on tests, she failed. They then called for a more sophistimucated(homer simpson word) test. The audiologist put some electrodes on her head to monitor brain impulses, then they put a speaker in her ear and tested the brain's response to sound. Her left ear passed, her right did not. The audiologist told me she has some minor hearing loss in the right ear that is likely due to some debris in the ear or some water behind the ear drum. He tested the auditory nerve and it was responsive so again, we come back in a month. Otherwise most of the problems have been resolved. We had a slight setback in the breathing department and she is back on a canula but they say it's nothing to worry about as it usually happens when they have to start nursing instead of just lounging around being lazy all day. Her eyes are still swollen and they want to make sure her lymph system is working properly. As I type Tiff is feeding her and she is eating like a champ. So all things considered it was another good day. The room we left for this one had two premature twin boys in it. They we're so small Kaya could have put some Sumo moves on them. I am so happy our little girl is doing so well and I feel so guilty as well. The other day the father and grandfather of the twins were in a panic attempting to contact the Bishop and then they gave the small boy a name and a blessing. I'm guilty of a little eavesdropping and I was amazed and humbled by their prayer. You never have to look far to see others who are suffering more than you are. We are so grateful for our families, for our two wonderful boys, and for all of you out there in cyberworld who have offered your kind thoughts and prayers. We pray that Kaya's progress continues and that we will be able to take her home soon.(Then the fun starts) That's all for tonight. See you all tomorrow.

Getting ready for some chow.

Spaceman Spliff getting her ears checked

7 comments:

michelle said...

Love the comedy pauly! You know how to lighten the load! She looks like 100$ compared to when Aunt shell saw her last! We will pray for a 100% pass on everything else! So glad she is figureing out the eating thing. Tiffy you are a trooper through all of this! Thats my sis for ya! As for me I gotta go get the skunk smell out of my nose the dang dog decieded to make a new friend tonight! Any suggestions sendm my way!
Lv you all! Have a good night! keep those photo opts comin I love them!

~Jason and Heidi~ said...

SHE IS GORGEOUS!!!! Love her in her new clothes! I am so happy for you all. Way to go Tiffy. Glad you are home. Hope Kaya gets to come home soon too. Love you Guys!

miranda said...

I'm so happy to hear things are looking better! Let me know if you need help with the boys or anything!

Anonymous said...

Paul,
Hi. This is Alesha (Revoir) Russo. My grandpa is Phillip Anderson and I was best friends with Michelle, Tiff, and Greg growing up. ANYway :) I just wanted to say that your daughter is so beautiful and that it is wonderful to hear that she is progressing day by day. You all have been and continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. Can't wait to hear how your day goes tomorrow!

Kristi said...

Give Tiff a big hug from me! That baby is surrounded with people that love and adore her.....she will be just fine!! What a cutie!

The Kirby's said...

The Kirbys just checked in for the first time and we are sorry to hear of your rocky road so far, and we are glad that things are looking up. We will keep you in our prayers.

max said...

I usually lose my breath before a good boob sandwich as well...(ouch Katie just punched me). Glad to her that she is doing well. Our love to all of you guys.