Wednesday, March 4, 2009

HATRED!

Hate really is a strong word and I use it far to much to describe things I simply dislike. I dislike; pickles, haircuts, shaving, uniforms, poverty, whining children, getting old, broken automobiles, and mustard! So when I think of Hate there is really only one thing in this world that I truly unabashedly HATE. Wanna take a guess what it is?
WIND!!!
Not that nice cool summer breeze business but the crap that is going on outside right now. 40mph crap! Wind is the only element that you can't really do anything about. Snow, put on a coat. Rain, put on a coat. Sun/heat, take off the coat. But the wind is relentless. It howls like a wounded coyote, pervades every nook of a home, fills the sky with dust, and basically ruins my life! There is no good reason for wind and I tell you this, wind did NOT exist before the Fall of Adam. Wind was put here to punish us. I know what you are all thinking and I don't want to hear any of this "what about flying kites, or wind generated electricity, or wind erosion that creates beautiful canyons" bunch of nonsense! All of those are things we invented to take our minds off of how much the wind SUCKS!(or I guess Blows would be more appropriate)

Now for those of you that think I am just full of hatred and evil, most things in this world I absolutely love. My wife and children being #1 on that list followed closely by #2
Wanna take a guess?

You got it, WATER!

This is video of a Flash flood in the Grand Canyon 2 years ago.


Lees Ferry

Secret Location

LCR flash Flood

Rainbow from Bass Camp G.C.

So I have only one question to ask.

Is It July Yet?

5 comments:

creed said...

There is way too much negativity being emitted from this blog site! Say something positive! Go fly a kite! Eats some mustard and get another hobby because July is still 5 months away!

Newty said...

July might be 5 months away but Westwater on Mar. 25 is just 3 short weeks and there is Oh So much paddling to be done before July. I don't need any more hobbies and I sure as hell ain't gonna try mustard but I'll try to tone down the negativity for you sensitive tele-types.

~~Heidi~~ said...

wow I don't know if I would be standing next to that rushing river flood. SCARY!!!

Grandma Nancy said...

You are just like a kid at Christmas. I'm with Creed-O, go have a hot dog with mustard and enjoy the Spring. But, I have to say, I HATE, HATE, HATE the wind.

michelle said...

Since it we just had a blizzard last night , July is WAY OFF!@!!! I want it here to! I know what you mean about hating wind. I feel it, and hear it everyday coming from the mouth of the canyon.....Thanks for the help on Fri. You saved me from a break down!