Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Dheres Dhosts!!!

"I see dead, orange people"

Since the day Tiff and I moved into this house everyone has taken great delight in trying to scare me into believing the place is haunted. And maybe it is. There was the night that I was on the river and Michelle slept over with Tiff when we were first married. They laid in bed talking about how Grandma Golda used to tell Michelle that if she wasn't good she would come back to haunt her, and just as they talked about it the window in our room that was almost impossible to open and close, just happened to slam shut!!
So with that in mind,
Last night I was upstairs getting some stuff together to go kayaking tomorrow. Tiff was in our room reading to the boys and Max decided to come up and help me. He loaded up some of my stuff and then....
with the upstairs hall light burned out,
he stands in the doorway
puts one hand on the door frame and stands on one foot while holding the other foot up on tippytoe and gently wiggling his hip back and forth,
He says,
in his most matter of fact way, and
in an utterly amazing little girl from Poltergeist impersonation,
"Daaaaaad, dheres dhosts."
Me: WHAT?
Max: "Dheres Dhosts."
Me: Ghosts?
Max: Yep, dheres dhosts
Me: Where are the Ghosts?
Max: Ummm, dhere ouside.
Me: OOOOOK, lets go down stairs and have mommy tell us why we celebrate Easter!!!

I was just waiting for his head to start spinning around like in "The Exorcist"
Tiff an I have been laughing our heads off about it today , in the daylight!
It wasn't so funny last night in the dark!

6 comments:

Grandma Nancy said...

I have been laughing my head off all day. I can just picture Maxie striking that pose.

~~Heidi~~ said...

HAHA, i can't stop laughing

Grandma Karen said...

Oh Maxie!! You are the best! I can just see him standing there like that. That was a good belly laugh!

michelle said...

Okay you just made my day!!! That is HILLIARIOUS!!!!! Oh Paul.... YOu better be good cuz you know whos watching.. JK! Maybe you should bring Anni inside to sleep, she can protect you right!

Jenny said...

What a great story- thanks for sharing.

Shanshine said...

newty... i just realized that you are too a blogger, i am also in the blogdom. i post with alan and megan. team-zubs.blogspot.com

see you there. or the river. with or without scotticus erocticus... actually... without.