Sunday, February 28, 2010

Basketball, and why I'm not scared of no Dirl.

Noah finished up his first year of Basketball last week. I couldn't commit to being the coach because of my unknown schedule, but in the end I only missed one game and his coach was more than happy to let me help out. As it turns out, coaching 2nd graders in Basketball is alot like "Herding Cats", that is to say it's damn near impossible to get them to do what you want. We had a good time though and improvement was seen.

lil' Johnny Stockton


Our "Post up" move needs some work, namely that you "post up" on the post blocks down under the basket, not so much at half court.


After basketball was over I was presented with two dilemmas that had me frightened, first we found out that we are having a girl, and second I was informed that Cub scouts and their fathers had to bake a cake for the Scouts "Blue and Gold" banquet, an event that took all of 3 minutes to remind me of my profound dislike of scouting. However, my desire to be a good well rounded father overcame my feelings for scouting and I dove in to the cake baking with Noah. I also figured my skillz with cakes will come in handy when my daughter (holy shit, did I just say daughter?) when my daughter gets an frickin EZbake oven.

Anyway, here's the finished product.


That's right, it's a Kayaker
what did you expect a fairy princess?



These three guys ain't scared of no little Dirl.
We can be "In touch with our feminine sides" without being a bunch-o-sissies!
My little girl's gonna be the best female kayaker in the family.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Are you letting her boat? Can your nerves take it? Jackson makes them in pink you know. Good times.

Grandma Nancy said...

Awesome cake Noah.

Grandma Karen said...

Hey great cake guys! So did you get to eat them or just look at them?

~Jason and Heidi~ said...

I still want to know if you put Elmers glue in your frosting. It was VERY sticky. But, very creative. And all from Scratch!!! Impressive. Watch out for the Pepto-Pink that will hit your home soon. (I will be sure to add to the pinkness.)